- It turns pale and clammy when we experience anxiety
- It blushes when we’re embarrassed
- It glows when we’re happy
- It produces “goose bumps” when we are fearful
- When stress occurs in our lives, and we experience emotional difficulties, these emotional states can make conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, or other common conditions of the skin much more likely.
Our skin “feels” our emotions
Like other organs of the body, such as the heart which is subject to stress, the skin, in a sense, leads an emotional life of its own filled with the feelings a person has avoided in a fruitless attempt to protect themselves. The skin effectively “feels” for you. It can’t talk in words but its emotional language may be expressed by an appearance of rashes, eczema or an outbreak of psoriasis.
Shire Hypnotherapy can help you to process your emotions so that your skin conditions alleviate and may disappear altogether.